Saturday, March 05, 2005

That *is* the highway

I'm usually not good for much early in the morning, other than stumbling around and being grouchy. On mornings that I've not slept, except for the 40 minutes or so before you call my house, it is not wise to call me for driving directions. My 19 year old brother-in-law called this morning asking me where the highway was. He flew in last night, and is driving his dad's truck up to Oklahoma to visit a friend for the weekend, then spending next week here before heading back to college in Indiana. He was telling me something about being at the Jack in the Box and the Exxon, across from the bank, which is on Hwy 190, but I think he might have been asking where I 35 is from there, and I gave him some useless gibberish. "That's the highway right there, runs east/west. You're good. Be careful" Dusty, I hope you found I 35 all right, and you learned a very valuable lesson today. Don't call before 9AM unless someone is dead (in which case ask to speak to N), because I lose about 75 IQ points until mid-morning. Sorry bro...