Monday, April 04, 2005

Blockbuster.com

Let me preempt this post by saying I hate Netflix. I had nothing but problems when I used them a couple years ago, and so many people I know have had problems since that I won't even think about giving them another shot. They have a nasty little habit of overcharging, double billing, and otherwise wreaking havoc on your credit card. Anyway, I was pretty stoked about Blockbuster.com, I signed up for the 2 week trial, they have better prices than Netflix and 2 free in store rentals a month, enabling us to rent games for free. I've been singing their praises since I signed up about 6 months ago, and I guess I jinxed myself. For the last few weeks I've been noticing it's taking much longer to receive my movies, the turn around was about twice as long as it had been. Ok, no big, I guess they are just growing a little faster than they planned, it'll even out. Hmmm. Movies I mailed back together are being processed almost a week apart, that's odd. Wait a minute, they haven't updated their new releases in weeks, and my queue is running low. I'll do a quick search and look for some recent releases I've heard good things about. Nope, they don't have those either. Great, I can't find anything to watch, and even when I do pick something it takes forever to get to me. Ok, I guess it's time to cancel. Blockbuster is doing the same unlimited rental thing in their stores, though I'm not sure our local stores are participating. Not to mention the 20+ minute drive to get there. *sigh* I'm pretty disappointed, they had a great thing going and dropped the ball. Hopefully Blockbuster.com will get their act together, I'd definitely be willing to reconcile if they did.