Sunday, April 03, 2005

I need TiVo!

N and I have been discussing TiVo as one of those things we'd like to get when we're not broke. We don't want to get DirecTV's DVR, because it just adds to your contract and is worthless if you discontinue DTV, so we are going to do the actual TiVo thing. Anyway, I'm not clamoring to get it yet, because it hasn't seemed that important, just a nice extra. Until tonight. There really isn't too much I care about on TV, except of course Desperate Housewives. I noticed 14 Hours was on TNT tonight at the same time as DH. No problem, they are replaying it after DH, I can watch it then. Oh, but I *had* to go scrolling through other channels on my guide, and see that an episode of Rescue Me that I'd missed was on during the second showing of 14 Hours. Rescue Me was my pre-DH obsession, a show on FX that I stumbled upon last summer. Ok, there is a 3rd showing of 14 Hours tonight, it ends at 1am. I'll go watch Rescue Me in a few minutes, then 14 Hours, then go to bed. As I'm typing this I realized the TV gods hate me, because a Sixers game was televised on ABC** during the NASCAR race today, and N and I had spent the first half of the race flipping back to see the ball game. I can never find a damn thing on TV that I want to watch, and it seems like today I couldn't find anything I *didn't* want to see. I guess that's why the rest of you love TiVo. Can I come over and use your TV?
** Sixers games are a rare luxury for me here in TX, I've only seen 3 or 4 this season, they won today.