Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Break time

Since I'm packing everything up, I've suspended all cleaning operations until the end. This means my floors look like crap, covered in debris and needing to be mopped, the carpets deperately need to be vacuumed, today's dishes are in the sink, the place is just in a general state of filth. Also, since Texas is one giant dust bunny sitting on the map, dust is travelling down from all the places that get neglected, and just driving me crazy. It takes a special kind of dust to sheet on a vertical surface, and yet we have it here. You ever notice how if you are in a dirty house you feel dirty and sticky yourself? Yuck, I feel like I haven't bathed in days (Don't worry, I have). I'm starting to reach the point where I've packed up all the things we don't generally use daily, but I don't want to pack up the rest, since I know that'll guarantee I'll need it tomorrow. I think we're gonna end up with a couple boxes of Randomness... the little things from here and there that didn't make it into the designated boxes. We're leaving tomorrow night to pick up Nate, we pick up the rental truck Saturday morning, load it, and drive back to KS. It's going to be a long weekend. Oh, and since the kids are getting minimal attention, there is a constant soundtrack of whiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeee. Anyone want to take my kids until Saturday night? Please? Anyone? Damn...