Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Retraction

Remember when I said Nextel was not a military friendly company? We'll here's my partial retraction. (Yes!! I KNOW I should be packing... leave me alone!!) The problem was we're under contract with Nextel, but there is no service in Ft. Riley, KS. So, we called, and they said "Ok, fax your orders over, and we'll waive the $200 per line termination fee." We did, and called back to verify receipt of the fax, and they told us "You aren't being sent to a hot zone, so the fee applies." We go back and forth, because I'm not paying $400 in fees for something I have no control over. One rep even lied to us, telling us repeatedly that there was service in that area, even though 5 other reps confirmed there was not. FINALLY, I get someone who escalates it, after being told there was no one above the current reps (I finally asked one lady if she was John Chapple, CEO of NPI, since she said she didn't have a boss, there was NO ONE above her. She told me I was welcome to try calling him.) Long story short, I got an apology for all the rudeness and incorrect information, the rep looked at the fax I'd sent, and promptly waived the fees, with a pleasant "Thank you, and good luck!!" So... while Nextel (and Nextel Partners) are not very military friendly, or even good at plain ol' customer care, they did finally rectify the situation and all is well. Good riddance to them!!