Friday, May 27, 2005

For richer or poorer

Every once in a while I go on a ramen kick. Not because we can't afford anything else, our kitchen is full of good food. Simply because it becomes a craving. It's quick and easy, the salty goodness satisfying my urgeand warming my belly. Thank goodness I don't pay any attnetion to things like heart health and keeping my sodium intake down, because between my Life Blood (aka Coke) and the ramen, I'm a doctor's nightmare. So I was thinking back to my poorest of days, those first adulthood months (and months, and months) where the cabinets were so bare it was pitiful. After all, all money after rent went to important things like partying, who had the money left over for groceries!? Except I didn't survive on ramen back then. It was plain ol' pasta, margarine, and garlic powder. Even cheaper than ramen and worse for you!! N developed a love of ramen in Korea, where is green-to-the-military 18 year old behind was enjoying the lower drinking age, and needed to eat late after the bars. The little old Korean lady they called Mom cooked up their orders late at night, beef ramen with cheese. Who puts cheese on ramen noodles? Yuck. I've tried it, I so don't recommend it. Anyway, I've been enjoying my 10 cent meals lately, and you gotta love anything that lets you eat for 10 cents. As a matter of fact, if I continue to eat ramen I can use the money I would have spent on real food to buy myself something nice. Just not a pair of jeans because I'm gonna be WAY too bloated to handle that.

**disclaimer: See? I TOLD you I had nothing to talk about. I've been reduced to babble-assing about ramen noodles and old Korean ladies. I need a vacation.