Monday, May 09, 2005

Hello, Toto!!

Remember the news I mentioned? We're moving to Kansas. We had pretty much expected to stay at Ft. Hood, but the Army never does things as expected, especially if it would make sense to do it that way. So... N had 3 choices. **For those who are shaking their heads and saying "The military doesn't give you choices, that's bullshit.", they do if you are prior service or switching from one branch to another. If you are a fresh recruit do not expect the same options** Alaska, Korea, or Kansas. I refuse to move to Alaska, flat out will not go. Korea is a solo tour, meaning we'd have to stay behind for the year he was there, and N's already been there once. Kansas won by default, which is oddly enough how I ended up in TX. (The 3 choices my ex-husband was offered were NY, KY, and TX. NY had just had a blizzard, KY was not appealing to me, so TX won. I CRIED at the idea, but I've come to love it here.) In my deja vu moment, I bawled and bawled, I so do not love the idea of Kansas, especially since they have a much cooler climate and my in laws moved here. We were FINALLY going to have some family nearby, and now we're off to a new place. We'll try to come back here when N is up for re-enlistment, but in the meantime we'll just make the best of it. We find out the report date on the 12th, and we should be in KS by the end of the month. I will be slacking on blogging and reading in the next few weeks as we prepare for this whirlwind move. I will post pictures from our trip later tonight, once I get a chance to crunch and host them. There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home!!

**Sleeping Mommy asked which post, which I forgot to mention. We'll be at Ft. Riley.