Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Life's Little Mysteries

I fully blame the newest house mystery on living with boys. I'm working through my cleaning list, which I wrote with the timpression that I had at least a week before needing to pack, but I was wrong, so here we go. Anyway, the last time I scrubbed the walls in the kitchen and hallway was Superbowl Weekend. I know this because I sliced my finger on the metal slats of the door to the air conditioning unit. BUT I didn't bleed much, and had a bandage on as I finished that door. Tonight, as I was scrubbing the same hallway, I noticed some splatters on the bottom of that door. They are blood splatters, I'm sure of it. They were low, like shin level, so WTF? Then I turn around, and notice a couple more across from the door on the wall. Running this through the thought process still comes up with a WTF?! Ok, I know it's not from me. I'd like to think if the kids hurt themselves badly enough to splatter blood on both sides of a hallway, I would have at least gotten a injury report. That leaves Nate, and the cats. Either one is a possibility I suppose, but what happened? Why don't I know? I still think this only happens in a house with boys. We don't just go splashing bodily fluids around like that. Case in point? Look at a men's room. Yuck!