Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Not Cruz

We rented Spanglish last night. I was interested in seeing this movie, but really disappointed by it. It was unfocused and I felt like it left too much undone. Anyway, I don't get paid (or even linked) for movies reviews, so I'll leave that up to the pros. What I was TOTALLY shocked by was the actress who played Flor. I totally thought it was Penelope Cruz, back when it came out in theaters, when we rented it, all through the movie itself... never even occurred to me that it might not be her. Movie ends, N gets up to turn it off, and I see the credits... it wasn't her!! (I'm not disappointed, I'm not a fan) It's someone named Paz Vega. Did you know this? Why didn't anyone point that out to me? I do at least feel better that Nate was just as surprised as me. Still, I feel cheated or something.