Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Get a site...

Christine actually mentioned this not too long ago, and I want to reiterate it. If you are a major business that sells a product or service, you need a website. As I've mentioned we're buying a vehicle. All the car dealerships who don't have a web site? Sorry for ya. It's well worth the money to get a site, especially in a situation like this. We are young, busy parents who want to do as much research as possible online before dragging our kids to a dealership. A website means you have a fghting chance of earning our business. Oh, and to any car dealers out there, the "Call us for a quote!" thing doesn't work. If you can't put a price out there, I'm not even going to bother. Give me an idea of what you want up front. I've worked in car sales, I know the "old school" thinking is never reveal your price until they are at your desk, but it doesn't work on my generation. I don't have the time or patience to deal with you calling me 15 times a day just because I requested a price quote. No business for you... sorry. And one last thing, stop making our military feel as if they are walking targets. N worked with me in car sales in a military town, we know what your manager is telling you. Just because he enlisted in the Army doesn't mean he has no common sense and money to blow. Don't try to scam us because we're military, and stop taking advantage of the young bucks who don't know any better. That is all.