Saturday, July 09, 2005

Twin bonds

Katy had a picture of her twins hugging and being loving to each other, and she noted how amazing the bond between twins really is. This made me think of last night, because in the wee hours of the morning I got to see this bond in action. Shane frequently wakes up and mumbles for Mommy, but goes right back to sleep. Last night I heard him calling out "Sissy!! Sissy!!", which is his name for his sister. I went up to comfort him, and get him back to bed, and as I was tucking him in Madison woke up. I looked over at her and her face was covered in blood!! **insert Mommy panic moment** I went over to her, and took her into the hallway, calling to Nate to wake up and help me. Her little hands were covered in dried blood, as well as her face and hair, with some fresh spots on her sheets. We figured out that she had a nose bleed during the night, and took her into the bathroom to clean her up. She was just fine, although a little confused, we're pretty sure she was picking her nose, and caused the bleed. How Shane saw the blood as her back was turned and the room was dark is beyond me, but he always knows when Maddie is hurt, and vice versa. It really is a beautiful thing, one I feel privileged to witness.