Saturday, August 27, 2005

Macaroni Bread

Every once in a while you hear a truly priceless line, one that makes the speaker immediately think "What the hell did I just say?!" Tonight it was Nate's turn to humor us. I was downstairs dyeing macaroni by shaking it in a jar with food coloring. When I came upstairs, Nate asked me what I was shaking downstairs, and I said "macaroni." A few minutes later, while making bread, I came upstairs to use the scissors, cutting open a package of yeast. Nate says to me "What are you making? Bread?" I told him I was, and he replied "Macaroni bread?" with an incredulous look on his face. As soon as the words left his mouth his brother and I turned to look at him, like "Are you kidding?"
"Macaroni bread?! No honey, I'm making raisin bread for tomorrow. I was coloring macaroni for the kids to make crafts. What the hell is that?!" Needless to say, after laughing our asses off, I told him "I'm blogging this!!" He protested, but what is marital bliss when you have a blog to fill?! Now, can anyone share the recipe for the macaroni bread?