Thursday, August 04, 2005

Update on my rant

**In case I wasn't clear, for those of you who aren't military, the employees of our shops and restaraunts on post are civilian. Had this interaction been with a soldier, I would have simply marched into their command or first sergeant's office and discussed it with them. Being as she is civilian employed on post it's actually more difficult to demand action, but we're trying none the less.**

Nate and I have both spoken with the lady that oversees the food court, and she was at a loss for words over the behavior Mary exhibited. She assured us she plans on speaking with the manager, as well as Mary herself, and checking her record to see if this is recurring behavior. It's the first time it has ever been reported to her, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. She apologized up and down, and agreed there is simply no excuse for that treatment. When I told her she had no reason to apologize, it certainly wasn't HER fault, she said "Yes, but every one of our associates is supposed to be a representative of AAFES, and that is inexcusable behavior." So, she promised to call me tomorrow afternoon after she has investigated it a bit more, and assured me it would be taken care of. She also thanked me for my patronage and patience, which I appreciated. She was just pleasant and wonderful, a true business woman with class and manners. I'll update again tomorrow night on it.