Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Busy bee

I haven't been posting much, because I've thrust myself into projects. Keeping busy helps keep my anxiety down, especially when things are as chaotic as they have been. The Katrina Disaster, the death of Justice Rehnquist (another opening on the court for Bush to fill scares the crap out of us liberal minded folk), the outrageous gas prices, these are all things that can send me into a panicked frenzy if I'm not careful. So, I've decided to decorate the kids' room, finish up some new pillows, sew, craft, scrap, whatever I can do to refocus my energies. I'll post pictures once I get some of the projects completed, and I'll try to come up with something witty and amusing for everyone. In the meantime, please do not become complacent with the struggles of the Gulf Coast survivors. Donate, volunteer, pray, do whatever you can to help. The anniversary of 9/11 is a few days away, take some time to remember those who were lost, and focus on the patriotism that came from that tragedy. Do something nice for someone else, do something nice for yourself. Enjoy our blessings, and share them.