Thursday, October 27, 2005

Adios, amigos!!

We're leaving this afternoon for Texas, we'll be back on Tuesday. Our "bubby" Jake is going to Basic Training for the Coast Guard! I'm really excited for him, but also sad he's leaving us. He's been staying with us since August, and it's been really great having him around. The kids are going to miss their Uncle Jakey so much!! Of course, going to Texas to see Oma and Opa, and Uncle Ducky will help soften their pain. Candy and trick-or-treating will surely sweeten the deal.

On a sidenote, housing failed to inform us that the construction crews would be digging up our yards to put in a new sewer line. I finally asked one of the guys what exactly they were tearing up my lawn for. I woke up this morning to find a backhoe in the yard, and about an hour ago they started digging. I'm glad I won't be around for the rest of this "project".

So, have a great SPOOKY Halloween weekend, and I'll see you next week!