Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Please let there be a season two!!

FX's provacative drama "Over There" finished it's first season tonight. I will be so disappointed if this show isn't renewed next year. Apparently, it's up in the air right now, it's been both praised and criticized, so we shall see. I think I'd have a harder time watching it if my husband was actually in Iraq at the time, it would be a little too close to home. Still, understanding military life, and the realities of deployment, it's an interesting and fairly realistic show. My only real complaint? All but one of the spouses cheated, or at least stepped on the line of cheating. There is a lot of infidelity in the military, I think young couples, long separations, and the nomad lifestyle lead to a lot of cheating, and a very high divorce rate. Still, there are thousands of military spouses who stand faithfully by their soldier through thick and thin. Not all of us look at a deployment as a singles cruise, not all of us need to find comfort in bed with someone else. I'm just saying...
Anyway, I digress. The show as a whole was really good, even N got hooked on it. I may have to check out "Nip/Tuck", since I love "Rescue Me" and "Over There" so much, though I'm not sure I can stand the gore. Other than that, I'm down to only "Desperate Housewives" until next summer.