Monday, October 24, 2005

Don't make any sudden moves

Shhhh. Don't move. My neighbor has gone crazy, and we don't want to agitate her. Really, the woman was always kind of high strung, I've never spoken to her but I often see her running around like a maniac, always moving at hyperspeed. We nicknamed her Redneck Lady, you'll just have to trust me that the name fits. All summer long we watched her run (really, RUN) her lawnmower around her yard, then run in spastic circles with the leafblower to blow off the clippings on her driveway. Imagine taking meth and deciding to do lawncare, this is what it would look like. Anyway, she never bothered anyone (her daughter is a different story), just continued with her bizarre routines. Last week she began vacuuming her car. I know what you are thinking, "So what?? Everyone does that!" When I say vacuuming, I mean with the whole upright vacuum, not with a hose or a handheld. A bit weird, but ok, whatever. She's been at it for 4 or 5 days now, still a bit weird, but maybe she spilled sand in there or something. It might be more time efficient to borrow a shopvac from housing, or go up the road to the car care center and use the vacs, but we haven't reached total insanity yet. However, when I walked outside a few minutes ago I noticed she's still at it. She's been vacuuming since early afternoon, like lunchtime or so. And it's now 8pm. And dark. In case you aren't following me, she has been vacuuming her car for over 6 hours. Doesn't that seem a bit, um, INSANE?? Lady, there is no more dirt, I promise, just put down the vacuum and step away from the vehicle. Here, have some Valium, I think you need it. These nice men are going to take you for a ride, to a place that will be nice and clean. **smile and nod**