Monday, November 21, 2005

Priceless

A little background, we're trying to have another baby. My grandmom called this morning to chat, and asked how things were coming on the baby front. I expressed my frustration at getting my hopes up, then seeing negative tests month after month. She suggested basal temp charting, and I told her we had already started that, but it was a royal pain in the ass. Her response? "You don't have to take it down *there*, do you? I thought you could take it orally!!" No Gram, not a LITERAL pain in the ass, it was a figure of speech! I about fell out of my chair laughing, explaining it was a pain because I don't wake at the same time each day, so N takes my ORAL temperature while I'm half asleep. Gotta love family, who else would be so concerned with the state of your butt?