Tuesday, November 22, 2005

WTF Kids' shows

I can stand most of the shows on Nick Jr and Noggin, but every once in a while a show just really drives me nuts. The one that irks me the most (besides Calliou on PBS, my kids are not allowed to watch that whiney little brat) is Max and Ruby. First, the theme song makes you want to kick someone, or at least yell a lot. Then there are the characters. A nearly non-verbal little bunny named Max (age 3), and his big sister named Ruby (age 7). Max is a little brat, never doing what he's told. Ruby is an insufferable, bossy know-it-all who is constantly talking down to Max. There is a Grandma that comes around once in a while, but for the most part there are never any adult bunnies around. WHERE ARE THE PARENTS? Why is Ruby parenting this toddler? Who is supposed to be parenting Ruby? Why does she have to be so annoying? What will she scold Max for next?! See?!?! This show makes me want to throw things at the TV and hit my satellite receiver with a hammer. Not fun!!