Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Stark

One of our toilets started leaking this weekend, with a suspected cracked tank. N turned off the water, and called housing to put in a work order for it. Cool beans, they weren't sure if anyone would be working yesterday (this was not an "emergency" since we have 2 bathrooms) so it would probably be early this morning when someone came to fix it. I remembered this while I was in the shower, and prayed I hadn't missed the maintenance guy. Jump out, towel off, and head downstairs to the laundry room (in a towel) to get my robe from the dryer. No sooner do I pull the robe out than the doorbell rings. SHIT! I wrap up tight in my robe, take a deep breath, and open the door. I was expecting our usual maintenance man, he's a really nice older guy, I wouldn't feel too compelled to crawl under a rock and die. Um, no... it's some guy I've never seen before, about my age, and looking completely shocked to see me standing there, looking like a drowned rat. "Good morning, it's blatantly obvious I just stepped out of the shower, be very grateful my husband bought me this nice long robe for Christmas. The broken toilet is up there, excuse me while I get some freaking clothes, and wring out my hair. Thanks!" Actually, that's what I should have said, but mostly I just stammered and pointed like an idiot. The best part? The tank IS cracked (duh, didn't we tell them that??), therefore Mr. Repair Guy will be back at 3 to replace it.

Ugh, this is just not my day...