Monday, January 02, 2006

Dogtags and DFAS

Some military tidbits are on my mind tonight, so you'll have to bear with me.

You know you're a military wife when you break a sweat feeding body armor through the sewing machine, all the while cursing because you know you'll be ripping the rank back off in a month. (I'm NOT complaining, the promotion is worth it!)

While we're on the topic of sewing crap onto gear... it drives me INSANE when the nametags and rank are not the same color as the gear (tan on green, etc). Also irritating? The body armor is often in green camo, but worn over DCUs (desert uniforms). Doesn't that just negate any camoflauging the uniforms provided? Hell, soon they'll all be wearing the new ACUs, which look like a computer threw up on you, and NOTHING will match. This irritates my Virgo type-A personality.

There is some TEENY, TINY print on N's LES (that's like a paystub for you civilian folk) that says his life insurance premiums went up a buck, for traumatic injury protection. I mean, it's only a dollar, but would it kill these people to let us know what the "protection" is? I mean, what if we're paying a dollar to find out they will give us 75 cents in the event of a "traumatic injury"? Why do I have to ask the Google Gods these things?!

The artillary at night doesn't bother me, I rarely notice it anymore. However, if the kid next door doesn't stop revving his engine, and idling with that fart can muffler on his POS Honda, I may kill him. We get it, your dick is huge because you have a 4 cylinder "race" car that's as old as you are. Knock it off already!!

Hyphenated house numbers suck. I'm tired of explaining "No, DASH 1, not apartment 1."

I love hearing TAPS at the end of the night...

Men in uniform are hot. And don't get me started on the guys carrying rifles. Yum!

I'm really excited to pin my husband next month. I REALLY wish I could teach someone else to take a decent picture with my camera, I may just pick up a disposable for the occasion. Prepare for lots of pictures and cheesy gushing.