Sunday, April 02, 2006

Idiot of the Week 3/27-4/2/2006 AND Idiot of the Month for March

Well, laziness (ok, and some Corona) prevented me from searching any more for IotW nominees, so the winner is the dumbass who landed the plane at the wrong airport. MD pointed out (and N confirmed) that this actually happened at Ft. Hood, someone landed a commuter plane on Hood Army Airfield by accident (obviously this was pre-9/11). How this can possibly occur is still beyond me, I mena I'm not a pilot, but don't you have to get clearance to land?? You can't just drop a plan out of the sky any old place you feel like it (barring emergencies). *sigh*

The winner of Idiot of the Month goes to... the guy who left his baby in the car and got on a commuter train. I need to work harder at this IotW thing, because going back LatteMan has given me most of my nominees, and I'm sure I'm missing out on lots of stupidity every day. In the meantime, is anyone other than LatteMan paying attention? There are lots of idiots, people! I can't keep up with all of them! Email or comment with anything you find that is particularly award-worthy!