Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hostel

Ok, first let me say I'm a WUSS... I can't watch gory horror movies. I'm sure if I went back through my archives I would find the posts from the night after I watched Saw, and couldn't sleep. Anyway, not a big Tarantino fan, really no reason to watch Hostel, especially after being told by a guy that he was still having nightmares a week after watching it. Anyway, a friend wanted to watch it, so we did, and honestly, it was pretty stupid. I was grossed out by it, and covered my eyes during some of the gore, but most of the worst gore scenes are cut away at the second before the action. The premise behind the movie is totally twisted, but the movie itself was just ok. Couple big problems for me... the main characters are IDIOTS (what American travelling abroad would just hand over their passport to the hotel desk, you keep that shit with you!!), and if someone suffered the trauma some of the characters suffer they would be in such severe shock they would not be up and moving. This movie has a guy who has been tortured, and is missing 2 fingers up and running around, for quite a while, not even very pale, not weak, nothing. Dude would be in shock, without a doubt. Anyway, Saw was better, and even though I'm not a horror fan, this movie really did not live up to the hype.