Wednesday, May 31, 2006

How to paralyze me

I'm in the bathroom, minding my own business and straightening my hair, when I see a spider below the mirror, and it looks an awful lot like a brown recluse. They are common in this area, I was first introduced to these horrible creatures in TX. I don't like ANY spiders, I'm pretty much deathy afraid of them. So, I'm now paralyzed in my bathroom, texting Nate because OMG there is a recluse on the wall. He says "I'll kill it when I get home" (over an hour from now), but what if it moves between now and then?? I finally grab a giganormous wad of paper towels, and do the spider in myself, but now I have to pee and am WAY to afraid to use either bathroom. Great. I'm so not going to sleep tonight, we've been seeing WAY too many spiders lately. Oh, and to actually identify spiders as brown recluses you have to check their EYES, because the violin marking on their backs can be mistaken. Um, do ya THINK I'm getting that up close and personal with this wretched creature? Fuck no!! The best part? The bathroom this fucker was in is where all of my make up and hair stuff is, so I'm afraid to even look in my makeup bag. I hate spiders. **shudder**