Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Flies

Ok, I've got a problem. Being outdoors with the kids is hard enough when it's close to 100 degrees, but the bigger problem is the flies. They aren't the horsefly biting kind, just plain ol' houseflies that will NOT leave me alone. I went and bought a bug zapper last night (OMG we look so White Trashy now!!), which works wonders at night, but is not so effective during the day. I've got bug spray on me, my clothes, and the camp chairs that are on our porch, but the flies laughed at the bug spray, and continue to swarm me. How do you get rid of these fuckers? The trash can is a decent distance from the house, so that's not the problem. My neighbor uses those fly trap bags out back by her dogs and over the picnic table, but they smell bad and gross me out. Anyone know how to keep the damn things away? Otherwise, I'll be spending the rest of the summer inside, and we all know how well THAT works with the kids.