Thursday, June 15, 2006

Go Jakey!!!

N came home and told me I needed to call Jake, because he had some big news, Jake had called him squealing like a virgin on her wedding night. Ok, I'll bite... I call Jake and ask him what his news is. He got to make his first arrest last night! (For those of you who don't know, N's baby brother joined the Coast Guard last fall, and is stationed in Jacksonville, FL) I asked him what it was for, it was a deadbeat dad! Apparently, they have to go on the shrimp boats, and make sure everything is legal, run checks on everyone. Jacksonville police called them back with a warrant for unpaid child support. The way the Coasties handle it is taking the suspect into an enclosed area, there are 2 armed guys w/cuffs who stand in front of the suspect, and one unarmed guy w/cuffs behind him (this was Jake's position). They ask his name, etc, and the officer gives Jake the go-ahead to take him into custody. Jake instructed him to get down on the floor, twice, and the guy refused. Now, Jake has wrestled, and played football for pretty much his whole life. So, he took the guy down, and the guy decided he wanted to fight. He was subdued, and taken into custody, and Jake's on cloud nine for his first arrest. Woo!!! Go Jake!! (I'll file this one in Dogtags and Combat Boots, even though it's a totally different branch of service. I'm that proud of our bubbie!!)