Thursday, June 15, 2006

Idiot of the Week 6/11/-6/17/06

Well, I've got 2 nominees for Idiot of the Week this week. I'll let you gusy pick the winner.
First up, man runs around neighborhood naked to convince his girlfriend to marry him, gets shot at.
Apparently, his girlfriend wasn't sure she was ready to get married, so he decided to prove to her that taking risks can be a good thing. He jumped out a window naked, and ran across the street, but then someone saw him, called the cops, and pulled a gun on him. A shot was fired, but he wasn't hit, and no charges were filed. How much do you want to bet the GF said "Oh HELL no!!" to his proposal after that??

Second up, we have a gold prospector who dug a 60 foot deep hole in his front yard, because his gold detector gave a positive reading. The hole was not reinforced, and he hired two men to help dig, they were lifting dirt out with a bucket and rope. The police shut the operation down, and fenced off the area. I don't know who deserves the award more in this one, the homeowner or the 2 idiots he convinced to climb in the hole and dig. "Hey, do I have a deal for you... I want you to climb down into this 60 foot hole without any protection, and keep digging until you find gold."
"Well ok, here... hold my sign, don't want to lose it!!" (I love Bill Engvall!)

So kids, who wins this week? Discuss amongst yourselves!