Thursday, September 21, 2006

Birth control for the masses

How to know you're raising little terrors? I fell asleep on the couch this afternoon before dinner. I was only asleep for about 30 minutes, but when I woke up my daughter was wearing my lipstick, my wallet was empty of all money, and the chocolate bar in my purse was gone. OK, no big, I got my money back from them, the lipstick wasn't destroyed, and all was ok. Well, I was just making the rounds, picking up the house, and noticed 2 pills on the dining room floor. At first I panicked, because one of them looked like a medication I take that could be very dangerous for them. Then I noticed the other was identical, except it was lighter in color. Oh shit, those are my birth control pills. I run upstairs, grab the pack from my purse, and EVERY PILL is missing. There were 10 actives, and 7 inactives left in the pack. I go get the little insert, because the kids have been asleep for 4 hours, and this happened 2 hours before bedtime. It says no serious illness has been found with accidental overdose in young children. OK, no need to rush to the ER or call poison control. I don't know which one, if either of them may have ingested them, but if they did, someone is going to have a whole lot of hormones running through them tomorrow. Ugh... who said parenting is easy?