Thursday, October 12, 2006

Drama Drama Drama!

You know, at 24 I never thought life would be so much like middle school. I swear, drama everywhere. First, there is my ex-friend, who posted on a message board we belong to about how she lost a friend who was very important to her, a very obvious reference to me. Bullshit... if I was so important, we'd still be friends. And since one of the reasons she gave for not wanting to be friends was her "finding God" again, and my non-Christian beliefs, I wanted to suggest a Bible study when she needed suggestions for a girls' night out. I kept that one to myself, but it was tough.
Then there is work. We're only a few weeks into our training, and already there is a sexual harassment issue. The 19 people in my training class are ages 18-43, we're all adults, yet most of them act like children. So, another employee walked into our room yesterday, some comments were made and lewd looks given (she is a very attractive woman), and people were written up for it. So, my friend and I were talking, and she decided we should create a reality show about our job. We'll sell it to MTV and call it "Training Room". We'll vote people off, much like "Survivor", except instead of torches they have to hand over their ID badges and log off their computers. We'll have a confession room, a la "The Real World", where people can vent about each other. There will be the cliques and gossiping, it'll be great. Last one standing gets a promotion and raise, the rest are banished to Cubicle Hell. *sigh* It's a grown-up version of middle school, really.