Monday, October 23, 2006

Untitled

Well, there is a fairly good reason I haven't been posting much as of late. Beyond working full-time again, there have been a lot of changes in the Insanity household. Nate and I separated a few months ago, before our cruise. A few of you know that, from emailing with me, but I figure the only way to get back into writing (which I crave so much, but have felt unable to do) is to come out with it here. There have been some rough moments, but it's a fairly amicable split. It's been incredibly painful for everyone involved, not just us and the kids, but our families, our friends (nothing like a split to show you who your friends are). So, things have been turned upside down, to say the least. I started this blog shortly before our wedding, and have written through some hard times in the past 2 years. This is probably the hardest of them all, the last thing we expected, or wanted to go through.

So, yes... changes. From the biggest things, to the smallest, everything changes. Six months ago I was a SAHM, living with my husband, and planning out the next decade of our lives. Today I'm a single mom, dating again, and trying to figure out what tomorrow brings, who has time to worry about next year? My appearance has changed, my interests have changed, my opinions have changed... I've gone through a metamorphosis of sorts, and I hope that whatever the end result is, I come out better for it. After all, isn't that what life is? Constantly evolving until you've reached some specified point, a stage of some sort of completion? I hope so...