Thursday, December 21, 2006

Finally...

An update of some sort...
Thank you all for your get well wishes, it was just a 24 hour bug for me, poor Mads was sick for 3 days or so. Shane must have a Fort Knox-esque immune system, because everyone (the sitter, her kids, me, and Maddie) else got sick, and that boy was just fine, eating like there was no tomorrow. I've been busy at work, plus last-minute Christmas shopping, and trying to sleep every once in a while. Tonight is going to be an all-nighter, because we had some drama at work while I was manager on duty, so I'm fairly wired, and have a TON of gifts to wrap, laundry to finish, and stuff to put away so I can actually take a break this weekend. Of course, a meeting all day tomorrow (or today, actually), and then a shift until 0130, I'm going to be one CRANKY mommy on Friday. I've promised the kids some good old-fashioned spoiling, including a movie and pretty much anything else they want to do to make up for me only seeing them an hour or two a day for the last couple weeks. Of course, I still haven't had the satellite repaired, because you actually have to be HOME in order to do so, so I think we'll be spending a lot of time away from the house to keep them entertained.
B teases me about being an eletronics geek (ok, so maybe I am...), but I think the kids' electronics have officially gotten out of control. They already have the VSmile system, the handheld VSmile systems, My First LeapPads, and now my grandmom has gotten them the Leapster handhelds as well. Oh, and the portable DVD player, TV/DVD combo in the playroom, and even the StoryReader electronic books. Who knew pre-schoolers could be so high-tech?! Thank god for rechargable batteries.
Speaking of God, it's no secret that I'm not religous, although I was raised in the church. My family is Methodist, but the kids' father and Nate's family are all Catholics. I swore I wouldn't raise my children Catholic, but I'm actually reconsidering that stance, and thinking about starting them in the church studies. They were going to a non-denominational church with Tasha (their sitter/second mommy), but her husband wasn't happy with that church, so they stopped going. I'm not sure if raising them Catholic means I have to have them baptised (christened, whichever), or if I have to convert, but I think it's time they learn about their family's beliefs. Anyone know how all of that works? Do you just pick a church and enroll them? It almost feels hypocritical to teach them something I don't truly believe in, but I made up my mind before they were born that I would make sure they learned about God and Christianity, and then be given the opportunity to make their own decisions later, just as I did.
On a lighter note, I am seriously upset by the Sixers trading Allen Iverson. I know that's what he wanted, but he would have stayed in Philly if they hadn't thrown away their championship-caliber 2001 team, and self-destructed as a team. I am officially no longer a Philadelphia 76ers fan... GO NUGGETS! Of course, it'll be interesting to see how Carmelo Anthony and AI get along, it's always touchy to have 2 superstars on the same team, and AI is used to being the brightest star on the court. Now I'm just crossing my fingers that he can get a championship ring on his hand before he retires, it's be a damn shame for a player of his caliber to never see that trophy.
Well, I'm off to chip away at my to-do list, and prepare for the longest day imaginable. I hope everyone is having a good week, and that you are all surrounded by those you love over the holidays. I'll post the pictures I took for our Christmas cards later, it's amazing how much the kids have grown since last year!!

Filed In: Daily Insanity