Monday, February 21, 2005

Am I Next?

I could be the next CCL. Well, actually, I'm at a crossroad that I have to choose my path. We woke up this morning to the back door open, and both our cats were outside. They've never been outside before, and we had sworn if they ever made it out, they could never come back in. This was the agreement between me and N, from day one. (They've never been brave enough to walk out before) Add the fact that the older cat was in heat, and we know she went to find herself some fun. The younger cat is not old enough to have kittens yet, but she went on an adventure of her own. They are both sitting at the back door now, wondering when we'll let them in. I'm about to go put their bowls outside, and leave it at that, but I'm a bit heartbroken. We've had Squeaker for a year, and Callie for about 4 months. They tear up the curtains I sewed for the living room, scatter litter everywhere, and pee in corners, yet I will miss them.