Saturday, March 26, 2005

Chills

Let me start by saying I believe in ghosts. I consider myself a logical person, and while there are many things I don't believe in, I've had enough "ghostly" experiences to believe. Nate is even more of a skeptic than I, but has a healthy respect for all things supernatural. Nate just called me. He was driving alone on a back road on Ft. Hood, a dark road mainly used for trips to the field and other non-commuter purposes. We've been having storms lately, but he was speeding, probably doing 80 down this dark back road. He had his music up loud, and clearly heard someone say his full name. Mind you, no one calls him by his full name, I only do it when I'm mad, and even his mom only calls him Nathan. He quickly realized it was his grandmother's voice. She died in July 2003, back in Indiana. They were very close, and he's always felt a connection to her since her death. Anyway, when he heard his name he looked to his left, and saw her reflection in the window. She told him to slow down. He was freaked out, and pulled over to the side of the road to catch his breath. When he started driving again, he went around a bend in the road and there was a longhorn standing in the middle of the road. The longhorn weighed at least a ton, just standing there in the dark. (Ft. Hood has protected cattle roaming it's land) He would have hit this longhorn doing at least 70mph in a small sedan, had he not been warned. Regardless of whether you believe in ghosts or not, that's just freaky. Then again, my husband could have died a few moments ago, so whatever happened in that car, I'm eternally grateful.