Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Common Denominator

I had a bit of a guilty moment. There are so many blogs I love, too many to really read each day, but someone had surfed by mine on Blog Explosion. This person also had twins, and I checked out her site, and immediately realized I would never want to know her in real life. Seriously, there are a lot of you I'd like to meet one day, but this was a definite no. So why do I feel guilty? I feel like there is a bond between us as mothers of multiples, and that I should become insta-friends with her. She doesn't discuss her children at all, her whole site is discussing a toxic relationship she cannot seem to break from, and I really didn't want to bother reading past the first post. We really had nothing in common other than boy/girl twins. Yet, because of a not all that uncommon experience we've both had, I feel this silly urge to force myself to like her. That is so not me, I'm very cut and dry. I either like you or I don't and you know, because I tend to lack the internal censor that people refer to as tact. Maybe it's because it's that time of the month. Yeah, that's it... I'll blame it on the hormones... why else would I stress about something this insane? Pass the chocolate please!