Saturday, March 05, 2005

A Public Service Announcement

Have you seen Saw? If not, I don't recommend it, especially if you are a scaredy cat like me. Ok, ok... you say you have to see this movie? Well, let me tell you what NOT to do. Don't watch it at night. I barely slept last night after watching this movie, it took quite a while to get the images out of my head. Don't watch it the day before you'll be all alone all night. N had off last night (thus the movie viewing), but is working all night tonight. As in, left at 4PM, won't be home until dawn. I've never been one for horror movies, I didn't watch a single one until Scream came out. You think I would have learned my lesson, because the next night I babysat my toddler sister, on my parents' 15 acre property, and spent the whole night in their bedroom holding the phone and a butcher's knife, German Shepard at my feet. See? Big sissy baby right here, I'm not ashamed to admit it. Scream was a joke to horror movie fans, but it had me debating whether I should call the state police (and surely die because their response time was like 12 hours), or bypass them and call my dad's coworkers in the next town, in hopes they'd take personal interest in my limbs staying intact. That is, if the killer didn't cut the power lines that ran down our long, dark driveway. How about the time I tested my courage by watching one of the old Halloween movies with a friend? Screamed so loud I set off my parents' burglar alarm. Didn't even know that was possible! What was I talking about again? Oh, yeah... Saw. Fucking horrific, there is no other way to describe this movie. Infuriating at times, completely confusing, nasty, scary, psycho movie. Nate even commented on how twisted the guys who wrote it must be. Now I'm alone, and spooked. There is no way I'm going to sleep tonight. Great, huh? In my defense, I've seen quite a few horror movies in the past few years, and I haven't lost sleep like this before. The freaking cats from the CCL? They keep setting off my motion detector, just adding to my anxiety. It's just pretend, it's just pretend, it's just pretend... (that worked better when you were a kid and didn't know about the real life crazies out there) I want my husband to come home!!