Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Mixmania!!

Here is my CD playlist for Mixmania. It's a strange and eclectic mix, but then again, so am I.

1. Dave Matthews Band- The Dreaming Tree
Definitely one of my favorite DMB tracks, it's a beautiful tale of progress and destruction, which unfortunately can go hand in hand.

2. Everclear- Heroin Girl
I can't really say much about this choice, it's just a good song

3. Big and Rich- Holy Water
This was written for the songwriter's sister, and I think most people can relate to it in some way, a overwhelmed feeling and needing to be cleansed of it all.

4. Jimmy Buffett- Mother Ocean
I heart Buffett... I blame my parents for that! ;)

5. Kenny Chesney- The Woman With You
From career woman to working mom/wife, this song is about all the roles she plays, and the support of the man by her side.

6. Ludacris- Number One Spot
He calls out Bill O'Reilly again, and mentions Dora and Swiper. What more could you ask for in lyrics??

7. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes- I Want You To Want Me
Everyone needs some punk in their life. This is actually off the Hubs music list, but I figured I'd spice things up

8. Montgomery Gentry- Hell Yeah
A perfect song for any music lover, I don't know how anyone could NOT love this song

9. Musiq Soulchild- Don't Change
Musiq has such a wonderful voice, full of soul and rhythm. He's a Philly boy, so he gets bonus points from me.

10. Nelly ft Tim McGraw- Over and Over
Hip hop meets country, it's pretty unique.

11. The Von Bondies- C'mon C'mon
This is actually the theme to Rescue Me, I don't know why I love this song so much, I just do.

12. Sublime- April 29, 1992
Sublime was such a great band, and the death of Bradley was tragic. Can you believe the LA riots were 13 years ago?

13. Third Eye Blind- God of Wine
I kinda lost interest in TEB after this album, but there was some awesome songwriting here. This wasn't one of the radio singles, but still a powerful song.

14. Verve Pipe- The Freshman
I must be feeling nostalgic, this is just a blast from my alternative music past.

15. Matchbox 20- Long Day
Again with the nostalgia, not like I really want to go back to my HS days, but the music was pretty good.

16. Kevin Fowler- Ain't Drinking Anymore
Local Texan artist, this song is upbeat and totally Fowler. We met him last year, he's such a down to earth country boy!

17. Ron White- Lug Nut Day
Everyone needs a little comedy in their life. Ok, so it's not a song, but I could listen to this bit over and over, it's still funny the 100th time.