Thursday, June 09, 2005

Deja Vu

I had the strangest moment this morning. Last night, at 1:30am, I had to take Madison to the ER. She's fine, but she had punctured the back of her mouth with a toothbrush at bed time, and we didn't realize how bad it was until she woke up in pain, so I took her in. The doc said it'll just have to heal on it's own but gave us Motrin and Tylenol, as well as antibiotics to prevent an infection. Anyway, you can imagine we were all tired after our long night. Nate left this morning for 24 hour duty, and had changed my alarm when he changed his. He said goodbye and gave me a kiss when he left, and I went back to sleep, no contacts so I had no idea of the time. All of a sudden, he was leaning in to give me another kiss. I said "Didn't we already do this? What are you doing here?" He informed me it was 11:30, and he was home for lunch!!! The alarm had never gone off again, and we had storms so my bedroom was still dark. Well, I got to sleep in, but felt SO shitty, since I sleep like the dead, and the kids were surely up at 8 or 9 playing in their room the whole morning. *Sigh* I'm so not up for mom of the year.