Thursday, July 21, 2005

Where there's smoke...

I've been on a redecorating spree, and tonight I decided to move our sparse furniture in our bedroom. I kicked N out of the room, despite his repeated offers of help, and went about my rearranging. On my 3rd arrangement, I went to plug the alarm clock back in, and noticed it was playing static (it's a radio alarm clock). I couldn't get it to turn off, so I picked it up to start fiddling with it. Well, it had been possessed, and began smoking in my hands! I yelled for N to come help me, QUICKLY, as I unplugged it. After a short discussion about how he would wake up in the morning (my cell alarm) and what kind of alarm to pick up at the PX tomorrow, he decided to plug it back in. Again the static, again it wouldn't turn off... and again it smoked. Ok, time to throw it away. Of course we had a good laugh about it, and I'm quite grateful it decided to catch fire in the evening and not while we were asleep or out of the house. One more thing for the to do list tomorrow.