Wednesday, November 30, 2005

All you can eat

If I hear the words "I'm hungry!!" one more time, I might snap. Believe me when I say my kids are well fed, they have healthy meals and snacks throughout the day, with water available at all times, and juice and milk with meals. So when, in the last few days, my son has acted like a bottomless pit, it's more than a bit irritating. I'm not talking normal growth spurt eating, I'm talking about finishing breakfast, putting his bowl in the sink, and immediately telling me he's starving. Repeat the same scenario at lunchtime, and and then dinner, but when I offer a healthy snack he refuses it. So... you're hungry, but only for junk food? Um, nice try. Any ideas to satiate the hungry, hungry hippo without buying the whole grocery store and needing a forklift to get him in his carseat? I'm at a loss here. On the flipside of that, my itty-bitty Princess still seems to be at a growth standstill. Perhaps Shane stole all of the growing genes in utero, leaving Mads to be a sprite. Maybe she'll grow up to be like me, and survive on Coke** alone. There are worse things, I suppose.

**No, we don't allow our 3 year olds to drink Coke. We're not that horrible at parenting!!