Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My children and my bank are trying to kill me

They've conspired against me. Apparently, this is "Cause Crystal to stroke out" week, and everyone is in on the fun! The children have learned to block out my voice, therefore they can run around getting into everything they are not supposed to be into, without the hassle of hearing mommy yell. My bank, or the postal service, has decided that the check I sent in to deposit (we bank with a TX bank, because I heart them, or at least I did until this week) is better off in the lost dimension of nothingness. You see, this sizable check was sent last week, the same day I sent out Thank You cards from Christmas. (Shut UP, I'm a slacker!) So, my mom told me that my Grandad received the TY card in NJ, but my bank (approximately 650 miles away) still hasn't received the check. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, except we've had some larger than normal expenses, and without that check my checking account is in double digits. Low double digits. NOT GOOD. So, I freak out, and hope that it appears, or I'll stroke out before payday. That is, if the kids don't kill me before then. Perhaps I should increase my life insurance this afternoon. Gah... I want my mommy.
Oh, yeah... the gliders tried to escape at the shoppette, too. Blood pressure is through the roof! If anyone has any sedatives they'd like to share, please let me know.