Sunday, October 29, 2006

Entertainment review

So, I'm one of those people who hasn't seen any movie you bring up. Conversations tend to go like this. "Have you seen XYZ?" Nope. "How about ABC?" Nope. "Really??? EVERYONE has seen that!!!" Nope not me.
You get the idea... movies are generally not my thing. Anyway, Deuce brought over a bunch, one I had seen (Crash), one I had attempted to watch, and didn't follow (Munich), and a few others I hadn't seen yet. We ended up watching "The Notebook", which I really enjoyed, even though I teared up at the end. My great-grandmother had Alzheimers, and that story really struck a chord with me.
We also watched "The Producers", which was hilarious. I normally wouldn't watch a musical, but Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick are awesome in this, and it had me cracking up. I'll always see Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller in my mind, no matter how old he gets, but this was a different role for him, and he did it fabulously.

Now, onto book reviews. I've read 4 Stuart Woods novels in the past two weeks, and I'm hooked. He has a series similar to the "Alex Cross" series by James Patterson (Kiss the Girls, Roses are Red, Along Came a Spider), his character is Stone Barrington. I really enjoyed the Stone Barrington novels, as well as his other novels. The one I finished today was actually not up to par with his others, in my opinion. It's called "Blood Orchid", and my only complaint stemmed from continuity issues. There were little mistakes made that affected the continuity of the story, and became distracting. Still, a fast read, and well worth picking up if you enjoy that genre. I'll be picking up a few more, since I borrowed these to pass the time while my friends are in training, and have only one book left to read. (Sidenote to Patterson fans: His new book, "Cross", is out the second week of November, and he's onto his wife's killer. This should be the best Alex Cross book yet!)

Filed In: Daily Insanity