Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fall back

This weekend's time change totally screwed me up. I usually look forward to the time change in fall, an extra hour of sleep is always a good thing. However, my friend Deuce came over last night to watch movies, and sometime near the end of the second movie I fell asleep. I woke up at what I thought was 3:15 or so, left him on the couch, and went to bed. This morning, the kids woke up at the crack of dawn, and wouldn't go back to bed. I was up and down for a while, and finally Deuce came up to my room to see if I was getting up. I look at my watch, it reads 10:15, ok cool, I'm up. We go downstairs, and he looks at his cell and says "I can't believe it's only 9:20." Aw man!! Stupid time change!!!

So, Deuce is one of my favorite friends. His name is actually Justin, but we all call him Deuce, including my kids. He's leaving, getting out of the Army, very soon. We thought he'd still be here when our crew got back from training next month, but he found out this week that may not happen. If he's gone before everyone gets back they will be really disappointed... I'm just sad he's leaving, period. The funny thing about it is he's the only lower enlisted in our crew, which is mostly commissioned officers. So, I met this whole crew, and Deuce and I were pretty much instant friends, he's just that great of a person. I'm gonna miss him!!

My friend Tasha and I are taking our kids to the local zoo for trick-or-treating this afternoon. Shane is SO excited about being Spiderman, and Madison is going to be an angel, at least for the day. We've finally reached the point where they understand trick-or-treating, because they remember getting candy last year, so it's all I've heard about for weeks. God help me, I'm going to have 2 sugar-high 4 year olds running wild for the next week or so. Thankfully, I get to go back to work tomorrow!

Filed In: Daily Insanity