Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ouch!!

So, I spent last night, and today laid up with back pain. That is possibly the worst feeling, because you're pretty much helpless. I called in to work, ended up going in for an hour during mid-morning, and coming right back home. After a couple hours on the couch with a heating pad, no kids to tend to, and a good book, I'm feeling better.
Thanks to all of you who commented and emailed your support, it means a lot to me. I've got some great friends, am dating a wonderful guy, and am doing just fine. The kids are slowly coming to understand what's going on, and are handling it well, considering.
So, has the year totally flown by for all of you? I cannot believe it's almost November!! I haven't done ANY Christmas shopping, and it's unlikely I'll be able to go on Black Friday this year, so I need to get a move on it. We're not doing anything notable for Thanksgiving, pretty much the entire month of November is going to boring. I've got to go shopping this weekend for a ball gown (KState is having Homecoming this weekend, so l should find a ton of sales), and I'm taking the kids to the local zoo for Trick-or-treating rather than try to go around the neighborhood on Halloween.