Saturday, February 24, 2007

Drama, Drama, Drama

My life is full of it, never a dull moment. It's getting old, and god knows I'll be glad to be rid of it. No wonder I'm so exhausted, who wouldnt be? But, I have some wonderful friends, both IRL, and online, that have been so great, so concerning, and for that I'm grateful.
Tonight was one of those mommy moments that made me feel like maybe I can do this after all. The power went out on the whole block during story time. My best friend lives a street away, and called to see if it was the whole neighborhood, which it was. The kids had opened all of the glowsticks I had for power outages, so it was emergency candles and my cell phone to light the way. My son was distraught, he's afraid of the dark, so I crawled into bed with him, and my princess on the other side of me, and we all fell asleep. Every once in a while, they are so cute it makes me think I might survive parenthood.

Again, please go to MajorDad's, and contribute to this very worthy cause. If you doubt for one moment the importance behind this fund, take a look at the conditions in Walter Reed, the most prestigious name in Army medicine, and how many of our soldiers leave medical care with the bare minimum of tools needed to survive after their war injuries.