Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hey, I'm alive!!

I'm recovering, and am able to actually have some kind of social life now, as well as get my house together, and spend time with my kids other than laying on the couch while they watch movies. That's a vast improvement.
I just found out one of my good friends had an emergency appendectomy in Kuwait. Poor thing, she's had the worst year, a broken foot that took the better part of a year to heal, then as soon as she was cleared to start running again, a broken toe. Then, just before she headed north into Iraq, wakes up with appendicitis. Yuck!! But she's fine, as far as I can tell, and will be back in action in a couple weeks. I think all of the Catholic medallions her roommate has might be better served handed over to her! His family had a medallion for just about every Saint who is remotely involved with military or dangerous work blessed and sent to him, to the point that he joked he couldn't accept any more, he'd be weighted down by religion. Pass those along to Meegs, B, she needs all the protection she can get!
On that note, head over to MajorDad's and DONATE to the Soldier's Angels fund. They provide voice activated laptops for soldiers who have lost the use of their hands. I only ask y'all to donate to a case about once a year, so take a moment, be generous, and make a difference in the lives of soldiers who made a huge sacrifice for your freedoms.